Rabobank Nederland Control Rabo Group Management Consultant Mangement Accounting January 2013-Current
Advising Rabobank to create maximum economy of scale in their centralized organization. Main focus on the SAP netweaver Cockpit tool, used across all entities.
Heijmans Wegen Independant Advisor Strategic Business Control July 2012-Current
Guiding the management of Heijmans Wegen to a strategic approach of Business Control. Giving tools to measure and improve performance. Implement the tools for (mainly sales) performance improvement.
KPN Group Belgium Sr. Business Analyst Wholesale Feb 2012 – July 2012
Responsible for building Business Cases and Simulation Models. Main goal is to find out how to incentivise partners to let them grow, and increase both companies' EBITDA. This involves: tracking current developments, simulating the financials flows and find out creative and transparent ways to implement and report.
Merck B.V.Sr. Business Analyst Aug 2011- Mar 2012
Main: Backing up the ill Sr. Business Analyst
Run the Cognos reporting that is required as a minimum for steering the sales force (see Merck Jun 2008- Mar 2009).
Royal VOPAK Sr. Business Controller Marketing & Sales Aug 2011 – Mar 2012
Responsible for serious improvements of the recurring reporting (Risk, Profits, Sales) and the Budget cycle. Improve the transparency and effectiveness of the Budget/P&C cycle in liaison with stakeholders. Focus on coaching Budget holders to improve insight and as a result improvement of Business Performance.
SABIC Sr. Business Controller Polymers Jan 2011-May 2011
Besides normal Business Control activities, responsible for the Improving of the efficiency, accuracy and alignment of the recurring reporting cycle for the Polymers division (three main entities, ). The main improvement consists of a very short handling time during the Month-End Closures, while the quality of in-depth analysis has been significantly improved.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated Benelux Sr. Business Controller Corrugated June 2010 – Sep 2010
Responsible for all Financial and Non Financial recurring reporting. E.g. creating decision supporting information for CAPEX, Working Capital, Sales Performance, Transfer Pricing, Pricing Strategy, Budgets, LE, for Monthly/Quarterly closing in HFM. Developing Recurring Reports and creating Ad Hoc reports in Hyperion Smartview.
Vodafone Libertel N.V. Sr. Business Analyst/ Sr. Reporting Controller Jul 2009-Nov 2009
Main: Fill the vacancy of Sr. Reporting Controller temporarily. Main focus: the recurring reporting. External: OPTA (Dutch Anti-Trust Authority for Telecoms), DNB (Dutch Central Bank) annual and monthly cash flow report. Internal: detailed costs and revenue reports, fte tracking and interpretation for HQ. Align an administrate cost centre updates. I join the project team that remaps the PL to a new structure. Benchmarking reports, and off course several ad hoc reporting requests.
Merck B.V. Sr. Business Analyst Jun 2008- Mar 2009
Main: Optimise the monthly recurring reporting. Reports use several internal and external resources.
Reporting sales to and negotiating budgets with HQ. Reporting daily sales from out SAP & Oracle to management & sales force. Combining historic (before-merger) sales data out of SAP and Oracle in SAP format. Adjusting and improving pricing model, in close cooperation with Dutch Government and Merck's Pharmaceutical Affairs. Collecting and combining market-, benchmarking and patient data and improving reports about it. Developing recurring reports from various data sources in Cognos Powerplay and creating various Ad Hoc reports, mainly using Cognos Powerplay.
Sara Lee International Sr. Business Analyst FP&A Oct 2007-May 2008
Main: Manage the Global KPI project. The main goal was to achieve a company wide standard in an environment where definitions and timelines were unclear. Make decision document on standardisation of KPI definition. Roll out project.
· Support period closing (M, Q, Y)
· Build ad hoc analysis tools using Hyperion & Excel
· Challenge OpCo’s to cut costs for budget FY2009
Ahold N.V., division Etos Sr. Project Controller New Concept Etos Stores May 2007- Sep 2007
Main: Support the Project Manager New Concept Etos Stores, with the development of business cases for several different scenario’s, based on the available information, and buy in of information.
· Competition analysis, and impact of new competitors stores in direct environment.
· Test and implement store evaluation (EBIT, Break-even, turnover growth, etc)
· Integration of competitor and market data with the Ahold information
Developing recurring reports from various data sources in MS Access and creating various Ad Hoc reports, mainly using MS Access.
ABN AMRO BANK (GF/GRM) Sr. Business Controller May 2006 – Mar 2007
Main: Get reports on a higher quality level, within the complex (4 high impact organisational changes within 1 year), daily changing business environment of Group Risk Management, and working with all levels within the organisation.
· Improved periodically recurring Performance Reporting out of 3 non synchronised systems
· Responsible for managing the budget process 2007/2008/2009 for GF/GRM top-down, bottom-up. A split between Business as Usual and Projects has been made.
· Responsible for remapping the budgets tot the new organisation.
· Initiated a structure for an knowledge sharing pool of Group Controllers / Business Analysts an represent GF GRM in knowledge sharing meetings.
· Developing recurring reports from various data sources in TM1, Cartesis, Hyperion and Excel and creating various Ad Hoc reports, mainly using Excel.
Netwerk VSP (part of TNT group) Sr. Business Analyst Finance Nov 2005 - Feb 2006
Netwerk VSP is in the business of distribution of unaddressed advertising pamphlets
Main: Build a model within short time to steer Business from out of a new perspective.
· Set up an improved pricing model for the BU unaddressed. The pricing model is ABC oriented.
· Analysed the segments in the market to improve the sales channels. Improving the current commercial reports.
Mittal Steel Europe Sr. Business Analyst Finance Jan 2005 - Augt 2005
Main: Get a standardised and consolidated Marketing Information System for Europe. Worked with Managing Board Members, CFO’s, CEO’s, regional Controllers and CIO’s.
· Set up the standard consolidated Marketing report (Sales, Prices, Inventories, Order Books, Benchmarking data) for the European region (14 entities) into Hyperion.
· Implemented graphical representation of KPI’s and trend analysis on the gathered data. Procession time at unit level declined 50%, at corporate level 80%.
· Resulting in new historic insights, seasonal patterns and sound analytical possibilities that improved effective market and production responses.
Van Dale Lexicografie B.V. – The Main Dutch Publisher of Dictionaries (3 positions)
Sr. Business Analyst Marketing Dec 2004
Main: Quick scan for opportunities in Belgium market.
· Researched the Belgium market for the Van Dale’s product range, and establish an overview of customer needs.
· Published a decision document on product improvement to serve the Belgium market better. Product improvement realised in February, this seriously improved the market position to existing and potential customers. Discounted Cash flow Analysis for investment Decision.
Manager Project Desk May 2004 - Nov 2004
Main: setting up the procedures for a good project working environment and alignment with the market.
· Aligned the different departments involved in project working (publishers, team leaders, editors, programmers and the controller).
· Established a sound financial structure and clear reporting possibilities were the main objectives of this assignment. Results were: a sound budgeting procedure. A small tender for the selection of a new project-tool. Publishing a decision document on the project tool selection, accompanied with an action plan on implementing project working towards a more mature level.
· Besides that integrated financial payment system of the web shop.
Business Analyst Finance (Project assignment) Mar 2003 - Oct 2003
Main: Making the administrative organisation more efficient.
· Significant reduction in handling time of the monthly turnover reports.
· Realised research on automating the contract-administration.
· Managed the implementation of the suggested contract-software.
· Defined the specs and the deliverables, as member of the project-board, for the assignment: integration of the project-back-office and the financial system (Bestmate).
Shell STO (Shell Telecomm Organisation)
Business Analyst Finance & Marketing Oct 2003 - May 2004
Main: Build models to support the tender process.
· Modelled current usage figures of Mobile telephony
· Overall support with tendering.
· Supported the commercial team with analysis and negotiations.
· Main project was a European tender in five countries worth €4M, The main deliverables: financial and commercial analysis resulting in a €600k saving. Various financial, commercial and analytical supports to the several Shell businesses. Preparation of smaller savings claims (<€50k). A financial analysis to improve the department’s recovery position.
Fujitsu Services B.V. – IT service Company, formerly known as ICL
Business Analyst Finance (Permanent job) Jan 2001 - Mar 2003
Main: Business analytical Support to all entities within the organisation.
· Developed KPI-dashboard reporting in IT Service Management and Projects
· Optimised and automated information flows for reporting
· Optimised administrative flows on mainly warranty handling (subscription products)
· Audited internal processes
· Realised main parts the department's annual business plan